The Importance of Social Media for Truckers
Driving a truck for a living can feel endless and lonely, especially when you feel disconnected from your family and loved ones. However, there is one thing that can connect you once again: social media. Various social media websites can be extremely valuable for truck drivers’ mental health and wellbeing. The 4 most popular and beneficial social media platforms for truck drivers are Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. Below are seven example of the importance of social media for truckers:
Social media fights loneliness and boredom:
- Driving for long periods of time on empty roads can be lonesome for truckers. Feelings of emptiness and disconnect from family members and peers set in quickly. Social media not only fills the void of loneliness but also gives truckers something to do during down times. The importance of social media for truckers is to stay preoccupied while away from loved ones and to keeps their mind off being alone.
Social media helps truckers stay connected with loved ones.
- While on the road, truckers’ families stay at home and live a normal life. Truck drivers and family members can stay connection via social media by posting pictures, live chat through messenger, and more. All platforms of social media connect loved ones from all areas in the world!
Recruit truck drivers, find new loads, and increase brand exposure:
- Traditional marketing methods have now faded into the background. In the trucking industry, it is crucial to use social media when it comes to generating leads, building relationships with clients, and recruiting qualified drivers.
Quick news, stay in the know when it comes to current events:
- In today’s world, it is important to stay on top of the news nationwide as well as in hometowns. Social media gives truckers the option to choose which news stations they specifically want to follow. Often, news and newspapers update their social media accounts before they update their own websites. Many social media sites, including Facebook, give users the option to create alerts. The newest addition the Facebook is the Safety Check For example; if you or a loved one is near a natural disaster or a dangerous situation that makes national headlines, you can tell all your Facebook friends if you’re safe and check to see if they’re safe, too. This groundbreaking feature allows you to connect to all the ones you love instantly when you are near a dangerous situation.
Speedy customer service:
- Companies across the country are using social media to reply to customers faster. The trucking industry can be full of dedicated drivers with positive attitudes, but also drivers who become hostile when something goes wrong. The beautiful thing about social media is that drivers can say kind words and/ or vent to any company. What’s even better is the fact that these companies can reply almost immediately. With little effort, you can observe truckers and trucking companies communicate to resolve various issues.
Contests and giveaways via social media:
- Various companies, including Phoenix Capital Group, enjoy giveaways of all kinds! These giveaways are 99% of the time found on social media. For example: Right now, PCG is holding a $100 Visa gift card giveaway. To enter, truckers must go to their Facebook post and do four things: (1) Like the PCG Facebook post, (2) share the post, (3) tag two friends, and (4) WIN!
Social media helps you support a cause while on the road!
- Aligning yourself and/or your company with a non-profit organization is another way to expand your online audience via social media. You also gain the benefits of helping others while strengthening your brand. By partnering with a non-profit organization, your brand and brand exposure is aligned with your corporate values and appeals to your customer base.
PCG’s Stay Connected page provides links to leave reviews and links to all our social media platforms!