Division: Business Credit – Scottsdale
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Reports To: Credit Manager
This role is responsible for gathering information and preparing underwriting packages for prospective PCG Business Credit clients and making recommendations/decisions within assigned authority as outlined in the Factoring Credit Policy. This role is also responsible ongoing review of debtor credit limits and accurate debtor information in FactorSoft. Must maintain daily and monthly productivity expectations. This position requires direct interaction with all departments and requires teamwork across all division lines.
- Provide courteous, timely and effective customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Review requests for potential new PCG clients, critically reviewing available information and reaching a decision that falls within Factoring Credit Policy guidelines. This role will be responsible for understanding each deal submitted to them for underwriting and making sure that approved requests are in PCG’s best interest.
- Assist in the buy-out process for new clients.
- Makes necessary contacts and performs research as needed to obtain information in order to remain informed about clients’ and debtors’ financial condition.
- Works with all Departments in determining appropriate courses of action for delinquent or problem accounts as necessary.
- Works with the Credit Manager and New Client Coordinator to maintain the integrity of the FactorSoft database. This includes monitoring and responding to client/debtor credit limit issues.
- Assists the Credit Manager with debtor maintenance requests and projects within the specific time requirement.
- Maintain regular reports as needed/requested by management.
- Other duties that may be requested/assigned from time-to-time.
Education/Training/Experience Necessary to Perform Successfully:
- College degree or minimum 5 years equivalent work experience in factoring, accounting or commercial lending required.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment positively. Exhibits flexibility and unbiased attitude, open to new ideas and deals effectively with pressure situations.
- Dependability – meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance requirements.
- Initiative – tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development and seeks learning opportunities.
- Productivity – manages expected workload, takes on additional responsibilities as needed, manages priorities and deadlines, develops and follows work procedures and policies, manages time effectively, handles information flow.
- Quality – attentive to detail and accuracy, shows commitment to quality standards, makes continuous improvement, takes ownership in resolving quality problems/issues, recognizes and communicates quality problems/issues to management.
- Communication – speaks clearly and concisely in a positive, or negative, situation. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions, ability to present numerical data effectively, ability to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – contributes to team projects, exchanges ideas and opinions, helps prevent and resolve conflict, works with other departments effectively, and develops positive working relationships.
Required Skills to Perform Successfully:
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Cadence is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills